Every month, the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) sends real estate schools the monthly state exam statistics. Here’s what we learned from the May 2023 statistics for the sales associate exam…
- The pass rate among first-time takers is 56%. That means that most people pass the first time they take the exam.
- The overall pass rate is up to 47%. Typically, it hovers around 42% so this is an improvement. We can ascertain that the test is getting easier or that people are studying more. I’m betting on the latter.
- About twice as many people are choosing to take it at the Pearson Vue test center as opposed to the online proctored exam.
- The pass rate is a little higher for the online proctored exam. I’m not sure why that is or what it means, but it has been true consistently with the online proctored exam.
So let’s look at the broker’s exam…
- The overall pass rate for the broker’s exam is 46%.
- The pass rate for first-time takers is 55%. Just like the sales associate exam, most people pass the first time they take it.
- In terms of online vs. in-person, 192 took it online compared to 165 at the test center.
There are eight different exams on the stats list (appraiser exam are included as well). The only one where more people fail than pass the first time is the instructor exam. Not a single person passed the first time they took it. The overall pass rate when you include the first timers and the repeaters is 6%.
I believe that the top reason that people don’t pass the exam is that they don’t study enough (or they study the wrong things). If you want to be in the half that pass the first time they take it, check out our review classes at Demetree School of Real Estate. We offer state exam review classes that focus on what’s on the state exam.
Please note that neither Karen Climer nor Ron Climer are affiliated with Climer School of Real Estate or Gold Coast Schools. Ron Climer, (Karen’s father) sold the school in 2014. It has since been sold again to a large corporate education company. Karen Climer owns Demetree School of Real Estate in sunny Orlando, Florida.